Monday, December 23, 2013

Blessed

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When  a family has a member who is chronically ill it affects everyone. The siblings are often overlooked. I am so blessed to be the mom of these wonderful kids. This is Cassie. She graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from Shawnee State University. I feel sometimes like she had to grow up quickly. She was only 12 years old when Sammie was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. When Sammie was diagnosed with gastroparesis in 2010 Cassie was a high school senior. She has been such a big help. She watched Little Randy and truly mothered him when I had to be in the hospital with Sammie. I am so very proud of her and love her more than she will ever know.
 
 
 
This handsome young man is Randy. Poor guy he was 4 when Sammie was diagnosed with T!D and a 4th grader when Sammie was diagnosed with Gastroparesis. I have missed spelling bees and  band performances. It seems like I have blinked and he has turned into this special, sweet and kind hearted young man. I love how he makes me laugh and love how he lays his head in my lap for me to scratch his head and back. He is and will always be my baby.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment