Thursday, December 2, 2010

  I am holding the hand of the sweetest  14 year old little girl I know. Ok, she is not so little, she stands 5 foot 9 inches, but she is sweet. I try to find the "silver lining" in troubling times and tonight I am so thankful for my relationship with Sammie. Our relationship is changed , not that it was bad before but now there is an appreciation. I admire how tough she is, and the fact that is smiles through it all. Sammie is feeling so tired this evening. Last night she was able to eat a few egg noodles, tonight she feels so nauseous she can only drink an Ensure, if she did not have diabetes and have to keep her blood sugar levels up she would not drink anything.
  Sammie and I now know the name of the surgeon doing our gastric pacemaker surgery, his name is Dr. Teich and we are so anxious for the phone call telling us when to meet him for the 1st time. I actually spoke to his secretary today, we are so fortunate to live in Ohio, relatively close to Columbus. Families come from all over the U.S. to visit Nationwide Children's Hospital for help with Gastroparesis. I am sure we will get our appointment date tomorrow.
  I guess to sum up my day I would say" I am a basket case and I am so thankful God is holding my basket."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment